Re: Actually NT NEWS Server

Joe Bissot ( sysop@pcinternet.com )
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 00:17:10 -0800

I hope you actually have two stripe sets mirrored. If you stripe sets are
actually RAID 5 then you are being double redundant (maybe that is what you
want?) But a RAID 5 adds a great deal of overhead and will greatly decrease
your disk performance. If ultra redundancy is your goal learn a hard lesson
from me and add a couple of hot spares. The data you save might be your
own. :)

I lost two drives in the span of an hour.... bing bam get the backup tape.