Re: Actually NT NEWS Server

Chris Britton ( brit@labyrinth.net )
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 14:06:58 -0500

We've been using Netmanage's Intranet Forum Server comercial version that
is part of the intranet server package for $495. We run a full news feed
from sprint, have a multi-controller, multi-drive scsi subsystem, and it's
blazingly fast. It uses the same configuration files as NNS (which are a
little confusing) but I've heard that they're coming out with a standalone
gui server in the near future. I don't know much about DNEWS but if you
want to run a full news feed I don't see what it can do that NNS can't.

At 09:11 PM 3/17/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I would recommend DNEWS if it weren't so slow on NT. Pulling a full
>news feed is really slow. But, of course, if there is a way to put the
>news spools to different RAID devices, that will speed the process up a
>little.
>

>Ed Miller wrote:
>>
>> Second that. We have used for almost 2 years and it does a great
>> job.
>>>
>>> Actually, I would recommend DNEWS...

Labyrinth Solutions Inc. Chris Britton
Systems Manager P.O. Box 434
Technical Support Represtative Morgantown, WV 26507
brit@labyrinth.net www.labyrinth.net/brit.htm