FW: Radius NT .6 Lockup Problems

Barry Kiesz ( barry@mdex.net )
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 11:36:11 -0600

=20
> Barry Kiesz wrote:
> >=20
> > Hello there,
> > I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before on this list, but =
what we are having trouble with is the Radius NT .6 locking up on us. =
Both our Primary and Backup radius lock up. Now is this a Radius NT bug? =
or is there a problem with SQL or ODBC misconfiguraton? Just so you can =
get a general idea of our setup, we are running an NT 4.0 Server with =
Service pack 1a and SQL Server, for our Backup Radius Server, we are =
Running Windows NT 3.51 and are making ODBC calls over the network to =
the SQL ser
>=20
> Explain lockup. Stop? Machine stops? blue screen? What happens

It seems that Radius is just locking up. On the 3.51 Machine, we are
running it from a DOS Prompt so we can see the activity, but =
unfortunately
we cannot capture it. It says something like an SQL Connect error (Write
File) We didn't have time to write it down, We had to get the service up
and running. The 4.0 Machine is running Radius as a Service so we are
unable to see that activity. Emerald seems to be up since we can connect =

to it via the Admin and Client program. The funny thing is that when the
primary server goes down, anywhere from 4 to 18 hours after start, the
secondary follows shortly after the primary, about two hours.=20