Re: RadusNT Install as a Service

Sean Herr ( (no email) )
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:12:02 -0600

Just change to the directory, c:\radius then run radius.exe -install I
also had this happen and that was the fix.

Sean

----------
From: Howard Towt <solucian@msn.com>
To: radiusnt@iea.com
Subject: RadusNT Install as a Service
Date: Saturday, February 22, 1997 10:43 AM

I'm a person upgrading to the newest release of RadiusNT. I went about
trying
to remove the old software in a "manual" fashion, by deleting items in the
registry, moving the software to a different directory, etc. (I would
recommend everyone perform the RADIUS /? command to see that not only is
there
a RADIUS -INSTALL parameter, but also a RADIUS -REMOVE parameter. But
that's
water under the bridge...)

I am now trying to get RadiusNT to run as a service, and when I issue the
"radius -install" command, I get the following message:

"The fully qualified path name to the .exe must be given, and the file must

exist, and the drive letter must be for a fixed disk (e.g., not a net
drive)"

Unfortunately, issuing the command with a drive letter, fully qualified
path,
etc. doesn't do anything. The message persists. I think I've got the
software confused on where things are after the manual removal process.
RadiusNT runs fine from the command line.

Does anyone know a way around this error message to get the program
installed
as a service? I am prepared to go back to a tape backup or reinstall NT as

necessary, but am hoping someone in the next few hours will have seen this
phenomenon and know what to do.

Thanks,

Howard Towt
(303) 919-0868