AW: RadiusNT and Emerald

Peter A. Sang ( (no email) )
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:48:25 +0100

_Dynamic_ IP-addresses are configured in the NAS ('dynamic address pool'
or similarand assigned solely by him. The setting 'ip pool..' in Emerald
is only an informational one. The place where Radius+Emerald come in is
if you want to assign _static_ addresses for certain users, then the NAS
uses the address sent by Radius in 'framed-address=' for this
very connection.

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you intend to do, another way
would be to assign a group of users the Radius-attribute
'framed-address=', this will allow this users to enter
their own address in their client, and the NAS will accept it.
Dangerous, but works :)
Peter A. Sang
SANG Computersysteme GmbH * Kruppstr. 82-100 * 45145 Essen * Germany