Re: RadiusNT and Emerald

David Edwards ( Gecker@oakweb.com )
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 23:33:17 -0800

At 11:15 PM 2/21/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi All!
>
>Can somebody let me know how to deliver a dynamic IP from a small pool
>indicated in the RadiusNT/Emerald combination setup? I have the SQL ODBC
>portion of Emerald-RadiusNT working fine and users added are authenticated
>(I have entered the pool in the "Config Radius" section of Emerald, and I
>have even assigned unique IPs to each of the 4 ports) ... I cannot however
>figure out how to get the dynamic IP delivered during dialup PPP user
>sessions (all I get is a reported "Negotiated Start address"(with no
>corresponding numbers), but then Dialup networking in Win95 kicks me off)
>... the other 6 ports are fulltime PPP connections (all with their unique
>static IPs set) which I had setup using PMConsole for Windows, so those are
>not an issue. If I manually add the line for "Framed Address" (in other
>words, "All users are are assigned their own IP") to the "users" file, the
>user is allowed on. This is not what I want ... I must be missing something
>basic.

Well here is a couple things to try. In the portmaster, do a
"set assigned xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". This sets the pool of addresses to be
assigned to users at dial-in time. Set Windows 95 to use server assigned
IP address in dial up networking. In Radius/Emerald, just use a basic
configuration for your user accounts, like
User-Service - Framed-User
Framed-Protocol - PPP

David Edwards
System Administrator - Oakweb.com
Lake Tahoe's Premier Internet Service Provider
1-800-61-TAHOE
-
RadiusNT Mailing list (radiusnt@iea.com)