Re: USr Netserver and RadiusNT

David Edwards ( )
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 22:28:50 -0800

Looks like a bad secret. Don't use the USR netserver programing
software. Try just telneting into the netserver and using command line
configuration to set the secret. Use the following steps:

turn on security (set all sec on)
set the secret (set sec ????)
set the Net server to authorize to the radius server.
save all

Hope that helps,

At 11:19 PM 2/21/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I am having major difficulties in setting up a USR netserver to
>authenticate through Radius NT. The main error I keep getting is Bad
>Authenticator, I have checked the scret and have spent 4 days on the phone
>with USR. It works fine with thier Radius NT. I have also tried with my
>Livingston Radius running on a bsd box along with the radius nt I have
>running for my Portmaster. Below is some of the garbage I getting trying
>different things. Can anyone help? I aplogize if this is a common
>question on this list, I have just subscribed and I am desperate.
>radrecv: Request from host ceb9140a code=1, id=205, length=69
> User-Name = "sean"
> Challenge-Response = "\001\362\033\250\246\031hZ\373\312e1P\027m\214_"
> NAS-IP-Address =
> NAS-Port = 1
> User-Service = Framed-User
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
>Checking user record PW_PASSWORD type
>Sending Ack of id 205 to ceb9140a (
> User-Service = Framed-User
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
> Framed-Address =
> Framed-Netmask =
> Framed-Routing = None
> Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP
> Framed-MTU = 1500
>Response Time: 160
>RadiusNT Mailing list (
David Edwards
System Administrator -
Lake Tahoe's Premier Internet Service Provider
RadiusNT Mailing list (