Re: USr Netserver and RadiusNT

David Edwards ( Gecker@oakweb.com )
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 22:28:50 -0800

Looks like a bad secret. Don't use the USR netserver programing
software. Try just telneting into the netserver and using command line
configuration to set the secret. Use the following steps:

turn on security (set all sec on)
set the secret (set sec ????)
set the Net server to authorize to the radius server.
save all
reboot

Hope that helps,

At 11:19 PM 2/21/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am having major difficulties in setting up a USR netserver to
>authenticate through Radius NT. The main error I keep getting is Bad
>Authenticator, I have checked the scret and have spent 4 days on the phone
>with USR. It works fine with thier Radius NT. I have also tried with my
>Livingston Radius running on a bsd box along with the radius nt I have
>running for my Portmaster. Below is some of the garbage I getting trying
>different things. Can anyone help? I aplogize if this is a common
>question on this list, I have just subscribed and I am desperate.
>

>radrecv: Request from host ceb9140a code=1, id=205, length=69
> User-Name = "sean"
> Challenge-Response = "\001\362\033\250\246\031hZ\373\312e1P\027m\214_"
> NAS-IP-Address = 206.185.20.10
> NAS-Port = 1
> User-Service = Framed-User
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
>rad_authenticate()
>Checking user record PW_PASSWORD type
>authChapPwd
>Sending Ack of id 205 to ceb9140a (206.185.20.10)
> User-Service = Framed-User
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
> Framed-Address = 255.255.255.254
> Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
> Framed-Routing = None
> Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP
> Framed-MTU = 1500
>
>Response Time: 160
>

>Thanks,
>
>Sean
>-
>RadiusNT Mailing list (radiusnt@iea.com)

David Edwards
System Administrator - Oakweb.com
Lake Tahoe's Premier Internet Service Provider
1-800-61-TAHOE
-
RadiusNT Mailing list (radiusnt@iea.com)