Re: Need Help getting AOL to work with our dialup service...

James Watts ( jwatts@midsouth.net )
Wed, 28 May 1997 18:34:01 -0500

Needs to be a recent copy of AOL. Under windows 95, it is going to install
its own dialup adapter complete with tcp/ip etc.. Then, under the settings
for dialing, simply tell it that you want to connect via TCP/IP we have
lots of customers that do it. don't know why, but whatever makes them
happy. Your dialer should work just fine as long as it can connect to you ok.

At 05:03 PM 5/28/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone know how to get AOL to work though a local provider to save our
>customers long distance fee? We have been trying to get some of our dialup
>customers connected to AOL through our dialup service. They seem to be able
>to sign on to AOL, but it goes nowhere till it times out and says "goodbye"
>from AOL. We are using the latest dialer from MSIE for win 3.x Most of the
>customers we have that want to be able to do this are running Windows 3.x
>Is this the problem? I do know that the AOL software has to be configured
>to use TCP/IP, what else could I be missing??
>
>Please HELP!
>
>Joseph Covey
>Netsites Admin

James C Watts