AW: Emerald, Portmaster2e and USR modems - 56k possible?

Peter A. Sang ( (no email) )
Wed, 28 May 1997 22:33:57 +0200

Franco,
to support 56k Modems, you require a terminal server with digital signal
processing.
The problem/issue with 56k is that only _ONE_ analog-to-digital
conversion is allowed. Therefore a modem-to-modem connection with 56k is
not supported.

Example: ( = digital, - analog)
No: modem1 -----Telco === Telco-----modem2
Yes: modem1 -----Telco ===Telco===(TerminalServer==Modem/DSPchipset)

BTW: Take care before you select USR-TC Modems: there are different,
non-interoperable 56k standards: lets wait some weeks which one
succeeds!
cu, Peter
-
Peter A. Sang
SANG Computersysteme GmbH * Kruppstr. 82-100 * 45145 Essen * Germany
T: +49-201-82020-0 * F:-40 * http://sang.net * mailto:pesa@sang.net
* Microsoft Solution Provider * Intel Systems Integrator *