RE: IIS hanging

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS ( kurt@molar.net )
Tue, 20 May 1997 10:31:07 -0500

On Tuesday, May 20, 1997 10:18 AM, Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3
[SMTP:andras.tudos@computronic.hu] wrote:
> At 08:04 97.05.20 -0700, you wrote:
> >Andras,
> >
> > You are not alone, we have the same configuration Dual PPro 200 with
> >256 Mb RAM running sp3 & FP extensions, and we are strictly hosting
> > about 500 ip address or virtual domains. I have not been able to pin
> >down a pattern as to why our system locks up. Now that I see I am not
> >the only one I might just place a call to Microsoft. Would you like to
> >compare in detail system configurations?
> >

> Yes, thanks. Write me privately how and what do you want to compare.
>
> I am personally suspicious on the FP extensions, since I was in Frontpage
> client twice when it stopped responding.

I ahve had similur problems, which I also think relate to FP extensions.
Did not have the problem prior to installing the extensions. Spent 2
hours on the phone to M$, only to be told they have no idea, but that I
should completely reinstall the IIS and extensions after uninstallling
them. It was a real pain, I did it and it did not make any difference. I
am also running a dual PPro machine.

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS
President
Molarnet Technologies, Inc. (An Internet Solutions Provider)

kurt@molar.net, kurt@butzin.com, postmaster@molar.net, webmaster@molar.net

http://www.butzin.com http://www.molar.net