RE: IIS hanging

Kendrick Myatt ( (no email) )
Tue, 20 May 1997 14:40:47 +0700

Hello :)

I read somewhere (another list or newsgroup...) that there is a problem with
SP3 and IIS if you tell it to *keep* your 128-bit encryption intead of
replacing it with the exportable 40-bit. I believe it was something like this:

If you NEED 128-bit, contact MS for it. If you have already applied SP3,
back it out. Otherwise, apply the 40-bit version and *do not* opt to keep
your 128-bit as this has been shown to cause problems with IIS 3.0

Hope that is helpful. Keep in mind that it is heresay, so to be perfectly
safe, I have to suggest that you contact MS tech support :)

Regards,

Kendrick