RE: IIS hanging

Phil Thomas ( phil@aci.net )
Tue, 20 May 1997 08:04:02 -0700

Andras,

You are not alone, we have the same configuration Dual PPro 200 with
256 Mb RAM running sp3 & FP extensions, and we are strictly hosting
about 500 ip address or virtual domains. I have not been able to pin
down a pattern as to why our system locks up. Now that I see I am not
the only one I might just place a call to Microsoft. Would you like to
compare in detail system configurations?

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3
[SMTP:andras.tudos@computronic.hu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 1997 7:30 AM
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com; WINNT@listserv.optimedia.co.il
Subject: IIS hanging

I've a strange problem: about once a day on one of our servers the
IIS3
service hangs. It seems to be running, but it does not answer http
requests
and it cannot be stopped-started. The only solution is a complete
reboot.

The server is a Dual PPro 200 with 256 Mb RAM, hosting many virtual
domains
on NT 4.0 SP3 with the latest Frontpage Server extensions installed.
The
problem was the same before SP3. I tried to reinstall IIS on top of
the
current install and to reinstall the FP extensions, none of them
helped.
Everything else is running fine on the server (like Netscape Mail and
News
servers, WarFTP).

Any ideas?