Re: Two Terminal Servers

John Scrivner ( john@scrivner.com )
Thu, 15 May 1997 14:19:38 -0600

Is there a page that describes how to "tell Radius you have a second
server"? I haven't seen that anywhere and I would like to know as well.

>Don't forget to tell radius that you have a second server, and what the
>secret is..
>

>At 01:55 PM 5/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>I haven't set up an Ascend yet, but in general all I've had to do is
>>configure the second like the first, ie. point it to the Radius server, add
>>the server and respective client files, assign the secret for the second
>>server. You should be able to authenticate of of one RADIUS server unless
>>Ascend is unlike other terminal servers, Xylogics and Telebit for instance.
>>

>>my .02
>>---
>>XA
>>James A. Tucker
>>Internet Administrator
>>Centuryinter.net - Region 1
>>
>>----------
>>> From: Daniel Wood <dgwood@iwvisp.com>
>>> To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
>>> Subject: Two Terminal Servers
>>> Date: Thursday, May 15, 1997 1:46 PM
>>>
>>> I just received my second Ascend Max 4048. How do I set up two Ascend
>>Max's
>>> for Authentication by the Radius server and Emerald. Do we have to run
>>two
>>> Radius Servers one for each Ascend?
>>>
>>> Dan

John Scrivner (john@scrivner.com)
President-MountVernon.Net (john@mountvernon.net)

'They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' -- Benjamin Franklin 1759