Re: Service Pack 3

Daryl Banttari ( daryl@2ndlevel.net )
Thu, 15 May 1997 23:55:47 -0500

Nevermind, a previous attempt to download sp3, which I had aborted,
left a zero-byte nt4sp3_i.exe behind in an "open" state. The access
denied message wasn't read access, but write access :-)

Surprise, surprise: Microsoft's FTP server doesn't properly support the
LS command (shows permissions as ---------, which means "no access").
That didn't help with my confusion....

rolling eyes & whistling aimlessy,

Daryl

-- +|Daryl S. Banttari, CNE|mailto:daryl@2ndlevel.net|http://www.2ndlevel.net/daryl|"Talk does not cook rice" - Chinese proverb|'Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left by | those who hustle.' - Abe Lincoln|'A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle' - Fr. James Keller|'There is a diminishing return on caution' - Me+