Re: Redirect by IP internal customers.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 10 May 1997 03:23:08 -0700

Sean Herr wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to detect and redirect customers coming to
> a website from inside the network? Example, a user logs on through
> dialup and goes to our home page of www.mycompany.com and they see
> only our members only page, then anyone else from the net goto
> www.mycompany.com and they see an entirly different page.

The sample Cold Fusion Time module does this. If it finds a
match of the User's IP Address in the CallsOnline table, it knows
the user is internal, and can show information to them. Else, they
are external and it shows a different page.

This could easily be made to a static list as well. I don't
think you could do it without some kinf of CGI, like CF, IDC, etc.