Re: InterNIC suddenly very fast..!

Greg Buffaloe ( (no email) )
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:08:38 -0400

It has been like that for about a year now. The key is to make sure a
primary dns has been set with the domain just before sending registration.
And also pray that your primary DNS server is alive when they check it out.
I register a domain today at 9:35 am, got ACK at 9:37, got confirmation at
9:41. They realy drag if you submit registration before setting up a
primary DNS. If this were to happen, they look and see no primary DNS
ready, they will put you in a stack to go thru til they determine that the
Primary DNS is accepting your domain. Imagine the timeframe they spend on
going thru that stack.

This all may not be true, but has been my experience. :)