RE: post.office 3.0 is coming

Ian Pizey ( ifpizey@kenora.com )
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 21:52:00 -0600

Re this Post Office thing...

We have been just ready to go out and purchase Post Office for our Mail
server.

But in light of the recent Price increases and possible future increases,
it would be prudent to pursue other products. If more users would voice
their concerns in the same way then Software.com might listen.

Post Office is a good product, despite the few issues. However, when a
company takes a position that their product is the best so they must raise
their prices, I get upset. I do not expect software.com to give away
product. But based on this thread they are using the high support costs as
a justification for price increase. I would think it would be best for
them to charge for the support. Perhaps on a per incident basis. This way
the users of the support will pay for it. In the software industry this
is an accepted practice.

Oh well just my two cents worth.. Off to look for another mail server....