Re: 128 Meg Problem

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 15:15:34 -0500

At 02:01 PM 3/19/97 -0500, you wrote:

>We just upgraded our NT Server 3.51 SP5 machine to 128 Megs but NT insists
>that there is only 65 Megs. This is running on an IBM Aptiva which
>correctly reports 128M during the POST and if I use mem from the command
>prompt it also returns the correct info. Any thoughts?

A bug in your BIOS -- not overcomable. That BIOS is using the OLD
Interrupt call to determine how much RAM is in the machine, so even thought
the post test sees that whole 128 MB, NT never will. The ONLY solution is
to move the installation to a different motherboard.

I paid $195 to find this out on a two hour call to MS Premier support. I
was not happy. But they were right.