Re: Multiple service type under 1 MBR

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 15 May 1997 13:38:48 -0700

Phil Thomas wrote:

> Well I suppose we will just have to have a lot of licenses, I hope
> some
> time in the future you will be implementing this under a single MBR.

Over a year ago when Emerald was being designed there was
atleast a two month discussion on the list about this. Everyone got
to give their opinion about it. The final concensus was that an
MBR was where the billing would occur, not the SA. We had all the
billing information in the subaccounts table (like payperiod, etc) and
it REALLY turned ugly, fast. It over complicated the MBR and was
difficult for me to follow (I was writing the software!), much less
someone else to use.

Keeping is simple makes it easy to use and easy to follow.