Re: Emerald support of USR Netserver

Kurt Schafer ( (no email) )
Thu, 15 May 1997 11:10:27 -0400

Speaking from experience running Ascend's version of the RADIUS daemon on a
FreeBSD box, the Bad Authenticator message is caused by the Netserver not
sending the secret along with the accounting packets.

Perhaps if you weren't seeing any effect from selecting the check box, it
was because you needed to shutdown/restart radius ?

I'd be anxious to hear your successes/failures regarding this, I'll be
looking to add 3 Netserver16's to our Emerald system over the next month.

-Kurt