Re: Preparing to go live with billing

Daniel Wood ( dgwood@iwvisp.com )
Wed, 07 May 1997 16:14:56 -0700

At 04:38 PM 5/7/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi all, I have been running emerald forever, basically, I have been waiting
for interface changes, sql changes etc. to die down before I put the
system's billing functions into use. Up till now it has basically serverd as
a system to track hourly usage, authenticate internet accounts and web/ftp
access. The accounting department has now thouroghly botched our whole ISP
billing procedures and after a meeting with them we have decided that now
would be a really good time to implement emerald in all it's glory. as it
stands now, we bill for the coming month on the first of the month (ie. on
june 1 we bill for may overages and june's monthly fees). we currently run a
nastry set of recievables and I feel the whole subscription concept to be
safer as far as a heavy AR goes. so what I am wondering is what I should do
to prepare. I have until december to work out all the bugs and have the
following working:

>email billing
>invoicing for monthly charges
>billing for overages
>batch billing
>
>Are there any SQL queries that I can run to remove all invoices and billing
info etc. to resaet the system (Just accounting info) from scratch? all the
invoices and charges in the system are test invoices and can be lost without
a problem. Any advice here would be great. Thanks much

>Franco Nogarin
>Cascade-AuroraNet-WebSpinners
>webmaster@auroranet.nt.ca

We have been using the billing in Emerald since 1/1/97. It seems to work
just fine. We bill from start of service date so the batch billing by days
works great for us. Before we started we just droped the invoice and the
invoiceitems tables and recreate them to start over. This is probably the
wrong thing to do but it worked ok for us.

Dan