Re: Voided invoices

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 03 May 1997 23:44:37 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> I have no idea if this has been mentioned before or not, but in Emerald
> 1.1.11, when looking in the History for an MBR who has an invoice that was
> voided, the invoicetype still displays the original invoicetype as opposed
> to "VOID". "VOID" is displayed correctly when double-clicking on that
> particular invoice as well as looking in the list of invoices from the
> Invoice tab. Is this related to what's causing improper balances to be
> displayed after invoices have been voided?

In the history tab, no mater what the TYPE of the invoice, "Invoice" is
displayed for it. We could add the first of the description to be the
type of the invoice to clarify it. Would that help?

I found out what the problem with VOIDed invoices are. Make sure you
void the invoice by FIRST editing the MBR, going to the
history tab, and double clicking the invoice. This is the same as
editing the invoice to void it from the invoice screen. The problem
is that the CustomerID is not given when you void it from the main
invoice tab, so the update statement fails.

Version 2.2.1 has a new void button on the main invoice screen and fixes
this problem.