Re: duplicate PRIMARY KEY

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 03 May 1997 20:21:49 -0700

Tom Bilan wrote:

> I'm getting an error on radius about duplicate primary keys. This is
> because the key isn't unique, there's entries from back in March that
> are identical to the constraints.

You are getting duplicate entries in less than two months? What
kind of NAS is this? Most I know have a uniqeness for atleast a year
as long as you don't reboot once an hour.

> How do I fix this. I REALLY don't want to delete historical calls.
> I thought maybe it would be ok to add the date/time as a 5th element
> that makes up the key but I'm wondering about the consequences.

Tbat would work, but if you change the key, you are allowing the
possibility of duplicate accounting entries for the SAME session.

> I saw serveral posts about this a month ago and I re-read every one of
> them but none really said you need to do etc. etc. to fix it.
>
> I have USR TC chassis. I know the AcctSessionID is generated there but
> is there a way in Emerald/RadiusNT to work around this problem?

This is odd. Have you asked USR why the accounting is duplicating SO
soon? I would consider this a problem in the USR OS.