Re: Emerald and Radius option settings

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:45:09 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> Stupid question for the day: Should I enable Time banking in RadiusNT
> Admin in order for this one person to have an Ascend-Maximum-Time? If so,
> will I need to modify the settings for all other "normal" PPP accounts?
> (the checkbox and field for Time Left, or some default value for
> Ascend-Maximum-Time for non-limited services)

Its not a stupid question, but you are mixing two things that are not
relevant.

You can add the AMT attrbiute to any user w/out any other options in
RadiusNT.
Time banking is special because it needs to know which attribute to send
the the Terminal server to limit the time AND possibly MODIFY the one
sent as a default if its greater than the amount of time they have
left.