Re: Emerald charges

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:08:57 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> This is great! In the case above, when I batch-created some invoices, this
> customer's was in there and it tacked on the charge. Since the invoice was
> created (normal $19.95 + Charge of $19.95 (which was supposed to have been
> negative)), I voided that invoice and have yet to create a new one.
> When you release 2.1.13, will I be able to delete this charge or is it too
> late because it was already tacked onto an invoice (that's now voided)? If
> I can't delete the charge, what do you think I should do about the extra
> $19.95 the customer's being "charged"--create a new charge (with the proper
> negative dollar format) to nullify it?

In your case you will have to delete the invoice to delete the charge.
Remember, simply because you create a charge, doesn't mean the balance
changed. Only when you apply the charge onto an invoice does the
balance
change. Therefore, voiding the invoice, really voids the charge as
well.

> I looked in Control Panel and sure enough, negative currency is (*19.95)
> where * represents "universal currency symbol". Positive values are the
> same, but without the parentheses. Should I change this or just leave it
> alone? If it were to be changed, would I have to make any modifications to
> existing records in the Emerald db?

I don't think you have to change anything currently. Honestly, I don't
know the full extent of (*x.x) for negative, because SQL Server might
just intepret the parenthesis as grouping and not negative.