Re: recreating the Calls table

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 15:14:42 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> Dale,
>
> > 1. Using SEW, drop the Calls Table.
>
> Assuming you're referring to SQL Enterprise Manager...

Yes, sqlew.exe, to be exact. :)

> No problems here -- I renamed "Calls" to "CallsOld".
>
> > 2. Load insttabs.sql in QA, highlight the Create Table Calls section and
> > click execute. You can also just execute the entire script without
> > destroying anything.
>
> I modified this section to add some Ascend-specific attributes. This
> section is posted at the end of this message. After running it, Query
> responded with (not creating a new Calls table):
> Msg 2714, Level 16, State 1
> There is already an object named 'pk_Calls' in the database.
> Msg 1750, Level 16, State 0
> Unable to create constraint. See previous errors.

This isn't really that big of a deal. You can change the
Key constraint to a different name. Even though you renamed the
old table, its primary key constraint name didn't change. See
below.

> > 3. Run in QA these scripts: insttrig.sql, instperm.sql
>
> After renaming "CallsOld" back to "Calls", instperm.sql responded with:

I don't rememver telling you this step?

> Msg 15024, Level 16, State 1
> The group 'Emerald' already exists in the current database.

This is fine. It just means the group exists already.

> This didn't seem to cause any trouble though, because records are still
> being put into the Calls (the original) table for the 10 of the 48 NASPorts
> that it still works with.

But you are using the OLD table?

> Here's the modified section out of insttabs.sql:
>
> CREATE TABLE Calls
> (
> CallDate smalldatetime NOT NULL ,
> UserName varchar (32) NOT NULL ,
> AcctSessionID varchar (10) NOT NULL ,
> AcctSessionTime int NULL ,
> AscendDataRate int NULL ,
> AscendDisconnectCause int NULL ,
> FramedAddress varchar (16) NULL ,
> NASIdentifier varchar (16) NOT NULL ,
> AscendModemSlotNo int NULL ,
> AscendModemPortNo int NULL ,
> NASPort int NOT NULL ,
> AscendConnectProgress int NULL ,
> AcctStatusType tinyint NOT NULL CONSTRAINT pk_Calls PRIMARY KEY
> (NASIdentifier, NASPort, AcctSessionID, AcctStatusType),

Change the constraint name to pk_calls2