Re: Ooops KILLED EMERALD, NEED ASSISTANCE

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 14:36:11 -0400

Franco,
This is a shot in the dark, but are your original administrative NT
accounts on the "new" domain? If they're local to just that one machine,
that may have something to do with the problems. Also, make sure that you
make any necessary changes in domain names and/or IP addresses in your NAS
as well as "clients", "servers", etc. that came with RadiusNT. Have you
checked the domain names that may be in Emerald Admin? What about any
shares that may be used? Do the various machines have permissions to
eachother? Speaking of permissions, etc., make sure that your SQL-related
accounts (sa, etc.) are attached to the proper domain name.

Good luck!

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

----------
From: Franco Nogarin <webmaster@auroranet.nt.ca>
To: 'emerald@iea.com'
Subject: Ooops KILLED EMERALD, NEED ASSISTANCE
Date: Tuesday, April 15, 1997 1:47 PM

SUBMITTED AT 11:48 AM MST

Man, I just screwed up big time, (Yeah , we hear that often here <g>) Ok
here is what I did.

Up till recently, my WWW/DNS/SQL/Mail/Radius/Emerald NT 4.0 server has been
a Stand alone server in its own domain, recently, We switched it to be in
the same domain as the rest of the company computers, to do this, I changed
the domain name to CASCADE from AURORANET and the machine gave an error
message (Probably because there was a static entry in WINS) and told me the
computername VADER was in use, so I added a 2 on the end thinking to delete
the old name. (Dumb,Dumb,Dumb,Dumb,) anyway, so then the whole webserver
and nt browsers had a fit, I changed the records in my DNS tables to match
the new name, then the WWW server would not recognize old names etc etc etc

to make a long story short, My users no longer can get authenticated.
radlogin no longer connects emerald and I have no Idea how to get out of
this mess. Any suggestions, (My ISP is at a total standstill)

Franco Nogarin
Cascade-AuroraNet-WbSpinners
webmaster@auroranet.nt.ca