Re: question about batching accounts

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 22:39:10 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:
> This has happened numerous times, but I've never been able to figure out
> why it does this.
> When I run External Systems / Batch Accounts, it'll process 1 user (that
> was created earlier today), and then afterwards, Emerald says that 10
> accounts were updated. Where'd the other 9 come from? This number seems
> to change everytime I run the batch process. Sometimes (3) email addresses
> will be made successfully, but Emerald says that (7) accounts were updated.
> It's never the same number.
> There appears to be no problems with anyone's accounts or their mailboxes
> (Post.Office 2.0), but I was just curious as to why the last number
> displayed is always something higher than the actual mailboxes created.
> When the MBR's service is created, I always manually enter in the user's
> email address into the Email field. I know that the mailbox by default
> will be created using the, but I use for other
> purposes as well as creation of the mailbox, so that's why I always enter
> it in there.

The batch actually does two things. The first is creating new
accounts. For, Netscape MTA, etc, only the first step is relevant. For
acocunds (standard export) there is also a second step that UPDATES
This is for expiration, etc. Thats the second number you are seeing.
For Post.Office
it just marks all accounts current that were not current and presents