Re: CallsOnline too big to clean up!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 12:55:52 -0700

Will LaSala wrote:

> Hi all
> I have a big problem.
> My callsonline tables are to huge to run the
> charges button from Emerald. When I do run
> it crashes both the server and the client machine I'm using to run
> Emerald. I removed all the back log up to January in the database
> but it still is huge and takes for ever to get anyone's online time.
> What should I do to make that callsonline table smaller?

First make sure you have cleared out all your start records.
Those are AcctStatusType = 2 records. You can see how many you
have by doing a:

Select Count(*) From Calls Where AcctStatusType=1

Typically, this will half your calls table. I posted a message
earlier about having an appropriately sized tempdb database to
handle the consolidation. Something around 5-15mb should be fine.
I might add an option to the charges consolidation to allow stepping
of it, rather than having to do all of it as it currently does.