Re: Charges button on Master screen

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 12:39:48 -0700

Jim Dornbush wrote:

> > > Two things:
> > > 1. On the Master screen for Emerald, the Charges button doesn't seem to ever update the database. > I've just started getting into some situations where I need to charge or credit accounts and have
> > attempted using that function for both pre-defined charges and miscellaneous charges, but neither works.
> >
> > Do the show up in the MBR history? Once you create a charge, it gets
> > applied to the next
> > invoice/renewal.
>
> No. I don't see them anywhere. Not anywhere in Emerald or in ISQL_W.
> I've manually created a credit for a customer in ISQL_W and then it showed up and applied correctly.
> I'm using Emerald version 2.1.8

There was a problem with charges that some DB installations didn't
like. The newer
client, I think around 2.1.8 or 2.1.9 fixes the problem. Grab the
emerald.exe
from the /emerald/beta directory, as I believe thats 2.1.11 and see if
you can
create charges with that one.

> > > 2. Are there some files I can get at to modify the text of the e-mailed invoices? I thought I saw a
> > message once about this, but, of course, I lost it.
> >
> > You can insert text in the header, body and footer, but currently you
> > can not change the
> > built in text of the invoice. We are working on this.
>
> Great, how do I insert the text?

Its noted in the changes.txt file. You can put three files,
invhead.txt, invbody.txt and invfoot.txt
in the working directory of Emerald. Those files will be inserted into
their respective parts
when and Email is mailed out.