Re: What is the recommended way of setting up existing accounts in Emerald?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 13:23:50 -0700

Neil Johnson wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> I have a few questions
>
> What is the recommended way of seamlessly converting from our manual billing system?
> We would like to avoid any major problems with invoicing our users as we switch over to Emerald from a completely manual billing system.
> We have close to 1000 users (yes, it is a nightmare to manually bill them) currently using our ISP.
>
> I am in the process of adding all of the users to our Emerald database and am wondering what is the recommended way of setting up the dates for the users billing. I would like to keep the create and start dates set to the day the user actually signed up with us and don't think this will be a problem. The gray area to me is what to do with the paid through, last rec and expire fields. Should these fields be changed to reflect the users current manual paid through, last rec and expire dates?

When you add the users, just put all the dates to be correct. For
example, if you are adding a user
with the following:

Singup Date: 1/1/97
Last Recved: 3/25/97
Expire Date: 5/1/97

Then set start/create to the signup date. Set Last Recved/Paid Thru to
the Last Recved date, and
set Expire to their Expire Date.

Once you have the users in there, you can start billing from todays
date.