Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix SU_EMER.DLL!

Daniel Wood ( dgwood@iwvisp.com )
Fri, 04 Apr 1997 07:40:57 -0800

At 09:43 AM 4/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 10:51 PM 4/3/97 -0600, you wrote:
>
>>Well, this might be true for you but we get crashes more than once a day,
>>and so do a lot of other people on this list.
>>
>>I wonder why some people don't get crashes and others do, this would be
>>interesting to find out why.
>
>Wayne, I was one of the people who once said we never got crashes. I'll
>tell you exactly what it was (and likely *is* for those that say it never
>crashes).
>
>When we installed the .DLL first, the users were STILL in the .INI file of
>SERV-U. It was only for the NEWER users that we didn't add them. So at
>first, it didn't crash, since nobody was authenticating through it. As we
>added users, though, we were BOUND to wind up with a heavy web user who
>updates his sites daily -- and we finally did. THAT is when it started
>crashing.
>
>The users who say that it isn't crashing may have it installed, and it
>might even be ABLE to authenticate users, but it's PROBABLY still reading
>the bulk of its data out of the .INI file, and not often doing an ODBC
>authentication.

none of my users are in the SERV-U .INI file. All of them are being
authenticated from emerald using su_emer.dll. By the way I am running
NT 3.51, Service Pack 4, SERV-U 2.1, su_emer.dll dated 10/14/96.

Dan