Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix SU_EMER.DLL!

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Fri, 04 Apr 1997 09:43:17 -0500

At 10:51 PM 4/3/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Well, this might be true for you but we get crashes more than once a day,
>and so do a lot of other people on this list.
>
>I wonder why some people don't get crashes and others do, this would be
>interesting to find out why.

Wayne, I was one of the people who once said we never got crashes. I'll
tell you exactly what it was (and likely *is* for those that say it never
crashes).

When we installed the .DLL first, the users were STILL in the .INI file of
SERV-U. It was only for the NEWER users that we didn't add them. So at
first, it didn't crash, since nobody was authenticating through it. As we
added users, though, we were BOUND to wind up with a heavy web user who
updates his sites daily -- and we finally did. THAT is when it started
crashing.

The users who say that it isn't crashing may have it installed, and it
might even be ABLE to authenticate users, but it's PROBABLY still reading
the bulk of its data out of the .INI file, and not often doing an ODBC
authentication.