Re: Calls table

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:01:47 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Will LaSala wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering what I should do to cut my old calls out of the emerald database.
> The reason is that when I tell it to get a persons time online it takes anywhere from 2 to 3 minutes
> Is there away to shorten the length of tie it takes or do I just have to cut the calls table down.
> My calls table has stuff in it from July of last year so I can get rid of any and or all of that stuff
> upto the beginning of this year...I think.

Do this is small blocks (15 days to one month). Then once you have
trimmed out December (and noted the tempdb requirements). Download
2.1.8, and run the charges. This will clear out the rest and do
the call history. Trying to do call history on 9 months of data
would probably be a little involved. :)

Delete From Calls Where CallDate < "7/1/96"

and keep uping the month. Excuting once per month.

Dale