Re: Billing Question

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 23:04:04 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, David Edwards wrote:

> >Yes, the MBR must have EMail as the Send Method, and ATLEAST one service
> >needs to have the send bill option checked. This tells Emerald which
> >EMail address to mail a copy of the invoice to.
>
> Would this be the correct SQL statement to change the send bill check box?
> UPDATE SubAccounts
> SET SendBill=1

Yes.

> I'm assuming that I would need to check to make sure I only have one sub
> account's send bill checked for every master account.

You CAN actually have multiple services with the send bill
checked. Each service will be sent a copy of the MBR invoice.

> >> 2) Does the "Auto Bill" checkbox in the billing tab under credit card need
> >> to be checked to batch process credit cards? (I'm assuming yes)
> >
> >If the auto-bill is not checked, the account will only be billed
> >CC the FIRST time. All other times after that will be billed via
> >renewal.
>
> Wait a minute, I thought it was the opposite way. For testing purposes, I
> have auto bill enabled on two MBRs. When I select Credit Card and put in
> the appropriate date to create invoices, I only come up with 2 services to
> bill. I'm assuming it is the two services where I have the auto bill
> checked that are getting invoiced.

I did say that correctly above. If CC Auto bill is checked, they
get billed automatically each month to their CC. If not, then
they get billed the first time to their CC and everything else
is a renewal notice.

> So how about another SQL statement to update the Auto Bill checkbox. How
> would this one work?

> UPDATE MasterAccounts
> SET CreditCardAutoBill=1
> WHERE CreditCardNumber IS NOT NULL

that would work, or where Paymethod <> " Invoice"

> I've tried changing some of the table's default values, but Emerald seems
> to have its own defaults. Any way to change that? TIA

Which defaults are you referring to? It does send info for all
fields when creating accounts.

Dale