Re: Email Question

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 22:40:27 -0800

David Edwards wrote:

> When I set up a new MBR in Emerald, does the login name become the email
> name automatically?

Sort of. If you do not specify a specific email, Emerald uses the login
and the email domain associated to the MBR's group to create the email
address on the fly. Therefore you really don't need to fill in email
unless you want it to be something else.

> What about the POP3 name, does that come from the login name or the shell
> name?

Yes, shell first, and if thats blank, then login.

> What happens if I type in their full email address, including domain? Will
> their account be created with that address and will invoices still be
> mailed correctly?

Yes. Thats the purpose of having the email. If your domain is my.com
and you
are running email for bus.com, then you can make their login user, and
their
email user@bus.com.