Re: Invoicing Problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 17:51:32 -0800

David Mulberry wrote:

> Dales Response was -
> Do you want to search upaind invoices or renewals or both?
> With balance forward, there is no way to do this, or it gets
> REALLY difficult to track.
>
> Now that we are on the same sheet:
>
> When you ask " Do you want to search unpaid invoices or renewals or both?" you confused me. When I select the invoice tab and hit search what is it loading? Invoices or renewals or both? I would assume that it is loading both. Is there a way to only search invoices or renewals? And what do mean balance forward? I'm not aware of any balance forwarding.

Its loading all types of invoices, including Credit Card, Invoices, and
Renewals.

Balance forwarding is what many people here want. Its when you don't
track
whether Invoices are paid, but rather a balance. Your phone bill is a
good
example of this.

> What I want to be able to do is when I receive a payment and the user failed to right the invoice number on the check find the unpaid invoice or renewal quickly and painlessly. What I imagine doing is clicking the invoice tab, typing in a users name or login and then searching on all unpaid invoices and or renewals for that customer and then pay the invoice . Now I noticed a new payments button under the payments tab, but you told me to ignore that for now. It would probably be even easier

That is really what the new payments tab will do. It will allow you to
better
handle invoicing/payments for the customer.