Some new questions

Andrei-Vasile Neagu ( radnt@nag.ro )
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:51:09 +-200

----------
From: Andrei-Vasile Neagu[SMTP:radnt@nag.ro]
Sent: 03/18/97 1:08 PM
To: 'emerald@emerald.iea.com'
Subject: RE: Some questions

> You would have had to change the rate of the PPP acount type or =
create
> another
> account type with the rate. Did you change the rate of the user? It
> sounds like
> it was still on the 120 rate, and thats why a charge wasn't created.
>=20
> I did all of above. The only type of invoice that works is renewal. I =
tried to invoice the user a day after creation. The call history shows =
the time but nothing on charge!

Renewal and CC are for renewals. Invoice is for charges. I would have
to verify the DB config to see what is happening or why it didn't
charge the user.
When I try to make an invoice of type invoice the answer is "No new =
invoice to create"
In AccountTypes table I have GroupID 1and RateID 4 for PPP AccountType.
Charges Table is Empty.
In table Groups I have GroupID 1 assigned to Dialup Users.
In MasterAccounts table the user is linked to GroupID 1.
In Rates I have RateID 4 type 1$hr 2$/hr.
In table Invoice Types I have on Invoyce Types field all the types but =
GroupID field is empty. It's that OK?

=20
> RadiusNT already does this. It uses the lesser of an Existing
> Session-Timeout for the
> user/account type or the number of minutes they have left.
>=20
> I tried adding Session-Limit to PPP type users. The Radius place the =
value from there not the minimum between Session-Limit and time limit. =
May be I do something wrong. Any idea ?

Did you enable time banking in the RadiusNT Administrator? It doesn't do
it=20
by default. Unless you enable time banking, it would use the time left
field.

Yes Time Banking was enabled. I tried again today but Radius Server send =
only the value specified by Session-Limit. I used only RadiusNT =
administrator not any command line option. The Radius server does not =
show any info about Time Banking in the start screen.
RadiusNT Server is V1.16.60 2/7/97.

Andrei-Vasile Neagu