Re: Dup Key in Radius

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:39:43 -0500

At 09:17 AM 3/13/97 -0800, you wrote:

>> radrecv: Request from host ce9ce303 code=4, id=192, length=165
>> Acct-Session-Id = "02000012"
>> NAS-Identifier = 206.156.227.3
>> NAS-Port = 9
>> Acct-Status-Type = Start

>The key is the above four fields. They must be unique for the duration
>of the accouting packet in the calls table. Typically the first byte is the
>"start cycle", and the last three bytes are the accounting cycles. This
>would be 99 reboots of 2^24 calls (which call roll to the next start cycle
>is need be. The above looks like the third reboot, 12th accounting
>record.

Dale, help me here.... Mine session ID's are NOT in that format. They
are in "x.yy.zz" format:

x is an incrementing number,
y is the port number,
z appears to always be zero

Thus, if I reset the NAS, the first call will ALWAYS be 1.00.0. If I have
multiple NAS's, then the first call on EACH will always be the same! This
is a BAD thing, then, is it not? Is this a bug in the CompuTone products,
and if so, is there a way to prevent this from corrupting my stats?

Also, back to the same old -- if the data is IN the calls table (according
to a MSSQL Query), then why isn't it showing up in Emerald?