Re: Unable to create invoices

Marc Elbirt ( marc@cpol.com )
Wed, 05 Mar 1997 14:16:15 -0500

At 11:05 AM 3/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Basically, Many of the Emerald tables have an "IDENTITY" column, which
>is a number SQL Server itself keeps. This is unique and incremented
>one time for every recod inserted into that table.
>
>For your invoices table, the identity value was set at 463, but in
>actuality, highest record was 478. So the next invoice you created,
>it tried to number 464, but that one already existed, and thats
>what was giving the error. You should be able to create invoices fine
>now.

I'm running 6.0, no service packs. I get it now... I also had to run it
on InvoiceItems. What other tables should I run it on? I think new users
are getting created correctly, Payments seems to be OK.

>Btw, did you have a system crash, reboot, Emerald failed something,
>or ???? before this happened? I have only had like three people
>happening. Just for my defense, its a SQL Server issue, not an
>Emerald issue. :(

Systems crash every once in a while... Nothing surprising, nor any other
SQL problems. Is it only a SQL problem? Hmm... I guess so, it must be in
the Master db that some table got confused.

Marc Elbirt Computer Pages Inc.
Systems Administrator 253 Sheppard Ave. West
marc@cpol.com Toronto, Canada M2N 1N2
WWW - http://www.cpol.com Ph: +1 416 225 3030 Fax: +1 416 225 6737