Re: Expire Problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:26:50 -0800

L Rhea wrote:

> This has probably been answered before but I could not find it in the
> archives.
>
> Here is our problem. We have not been using Emerald for billing, but are
> in the process of changing over to it. We have just been using a sql call
> to update the expire dates and then unclicking (active) users who do not
> pay.
>
> The problem was that we updated the mbr to the correct expire dates, but
> forgot to update the sub accounts. Can we just deleted the expire dates in
> the sub accounts making emerald use the mbr for the expire dates? Or do we
> need to set the sub accounts to match the billing of the mbr account?

Yes. Just do a:

Update SubAccounts
Set saExpireDate = NULL

And when RadiusNT see the NULL in the saExpireDate, it will use the
maExpireDate.

> Emerald is a very good program, but we sure need a few more docs.

We are working on this. We have split the documentation into to
documents, one technical and one user. This will help greatly
the ability to not only setup Emerald, but also train people to
use it.