RE: [Emerald] Timeleft not being updated

Ali Resting ( (no email) )
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:29:30 -0700

I managed to sort the problem out.

On another issue, I would like to introduce a 30 second (as opposed to the 1
minute) decrement on the timeleft field for users accessing our system
between 19h00 and 07h00. I had a look at the trigger on the calls table and
looks like it should be possible to do that.

Ali

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 8:44 AM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Timeleft not being updated

> I have a particular problem where the timeleft filed of a user is
> not being
> updated after an active session. The call history is showing
> activity on the
> account amounting to about 104 minutes, but the account

The time left is typically updated by the trigger on the calls
table when the stop record for the session is received. Since
you do have history, the accounting stop records are being
received. You may not have the proper trigger on your calls
table for the timeleft to decrease. Is your calls online and
such working?

There is also an option in the RadiusNT admin (Advanced section)
called Manual Service Update. That will tell RadiusNT to manually
update the TimeLeft service information, although its typically
not needed with Emerald, since the calls trigger handles that.

Dale

This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA Software's
Support Engineers, please check out our Support resources at
http://www.iea-software.com/support.