Re: [RadiusNT] Radius auth & acct logfiles

Josh Hillman (admin-maillist@talstar.com)
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:06:31 -0400

From: "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] Radius auth & acct logfiles
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:06:31 -0400

From: "Vinay Mistry" <vmistry@tisi.co.uk>
>I was wondering if anyone could help me. Im running RadiusNT version 3.0.
I have both text and odbc mode set. Im wondering if their is a way to
rotate the auth.log and acct.log files? they just keep on growing out of
control. does anyone know of any batch files or utilities to rotate the logs
automatically?

Maybe you could set up a scheduled task in NT/2000 to run a simple batch
file every day/week or whatever. Here's a thought for the contents of a
batch file:

del acct.5.log
rename acct.4.log acct.5.log
rename acct.3.log acct.4.log
rename acct.2.log acct.3.log
rename acct.1.log acct.2.log
rename acct.log acct.1.log

(and do the same for auth.log)

If you want to, you can also automatically (via scheduled task) zip up the
files if you install the commandline add-on for WinZip
(http://www.winzip.com/wzcline.htm). Of course if you're not going to keep
them anywhere else, you could just use NTFS' built-in compression.

How come you're using text mode if you're already using ODBC?

Josh

.