Re: [Emerald] feeding a POP from a DSL connection

Kurt Schafer (kahuna@cyberbeach.net)
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:31:34 -0400

From: "Kurt Schafer" <kahuna@cyberbeach.net>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] feeding a POP from a DSL connection
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:31:34 -0400

I'd be cautious. DSL circuits from a Telco usually don't come with the same
MTTR (Mean Time To Repair) assurances as a T1 or higher type line would
afford you. So if your DSL circuit drops, you could be talking DAYS before
the Telco acceptably returns service to the site.

If you know your way around routers/switches, you may want to look at a
load-balanced configuration using multiple DSL lines if you want to develop
something more robust.

= K