RE: [Emerald] Users staying online

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:30:45 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Users staying online
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:30:45 -0700

> Pardon these last questions but if you wouldn't mind clearing just a few
> more things:
>
> Where do I enter the server type of '5' for the Ascend Max 40xx

When defining/editing the server, pick Max 4000 for the server type.

> What about the Adding ASID to SNMPUser, how is that done?

RadiusNT/X will do that auto-magically for you. RadiusNT 2.5
does it based on the servertype above. Emerald 4 introduced a
SNMPType field in the Servers table. 0 means use the string
as is (the port is already included) and 1 means add the
AcctSessionID to the end.

> What is snmpwalk and where/how do I get it?

Its SNMP utilities. See /nt/snmptools.zip on our FTP
site. Run snmpwalk like this:

snmpwalk -v 1 maxip public .1.3.6.1.4.1.529.12.3.1.4.

and you should see all the users on your max.

> If I get the query wrong for some reason will it prevent users
> from logging in?

No. The default behavior is to ignore the on-line entry if
it can not be SNMP verified. Worse case you'll let uses on
twice.

Dale

.