[Emerald] Account History/Invoicing and Balances

Kurt Schafer (kahuna@cyberbeach.net)
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:34:57 -0400

From: "Kurt Schafer" <kahuna@cyberbeach.net>
Subject: [Emerald] Account History/Invoicing and Balances
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:34:57 -0400

Hi,

I'm having some problems interpreting the results we are getting from Emerald 4 when we perform a payment on a service.

We performed a mass import into Emerald 4 on March 31st and performed a billing run on Apr 1st. All is well for the most part.

Now, when payments are being applied, it appears an invoice is being generated for the next term immediately. For example, payments applied today have an invoice created with a line item showing the applicable tax on their monthly service with a start and end-date of today, as well as line items for all the next months services with May 1st and May 30th as the start and end dates.

Also, we've identified accounts that appear to be getting $0.00 invoices every day around 1PM if you check the 'History' but if you click on 'Invoices' for that MBR it only shows the actual invoice we generated on the first of the month.

I could use some clarification on this. Traditionally we've billed on the first of the month but plan to implement anniversary billing for incremental customers beyond the initial batch import we performed on the 1st of the month. While it appears that the invoice generated today accurately depicts next months proper billing total, it is a little confusing for our office clerks who deal with customer inquiries involving balances/payments etc.

Thanks,

= K