Re: [Emerald] Default Grace Period (Days)

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:50:24 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Default Grace Period (Days)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:50:24 -0700

> In the Accounting configuraiton under Global, I've enterred in a
> default grace period of 63 days. (2 months +1 day)

This only affects NEW accounts. Existing accounts are not adjusted
or changed.

> Accounts however who are set to expire on March 31st, (who
> haven't paid their bill yet) are still having 'Account is expired'
> messages returned when I try to authenticate the account via
> radlogin.exe

You would need to update the existing accounts to reflect the
change as well. If you want all services to have a 63 day perm
extension, you can do this:

Update SubAccounts Set Extension = 63

> If I set the 'Temp Extend' to some point in time beyond today,
> the account does indeed authenticate.

On the MBR or in global settings? None of these global settings
affects existing accounts, only new ones.

> What I'm wonderring is if the 'Default Grace Period' gets applied
> to an MBR or SubAccount field during some kind of batch event
> (like an invoice run) rather than the expiry being calculated on the
> fly during a Radius authentication request ? Should I run a SQL
> script to update a field someplace ?

The Temp extend (on the MBR) is cleared when a payment is received.
Otherwise neither the temp extend (MBR) or perm extend (service) is
changed during invoices, statements, etc.

Dale

.