[RadiusNT] Radius 3.0.184 , caching and concurrency

Serkan SUBA?I (ssubasi@turk.net)
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:33:54 +0200

From: Serkan SUBA?I <ssubasi@turk.net>
Subject: [RadiusNT] Radius 3.0.184 , caching and concurrency
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:33:54 +0200

I think caching mechanism must be adjusted carefully when using
concurrency control
we are running radius 8.0.184 on a windows 2000 server SP1 (and post sp1
fixes)
and radius database is a MS SQL server 7.0 SP2 on a windows 2000 server
SP1 (and post sp1 fixes)

months we are having so much concurrency problems, we are trying to
analyze the problem, so far we found that, there can be at least two
reasons for this

1. acccounting records are late (one user disconnects from port x, and
then trying to connect port y, and got an error 'concurrency limit')

we build a trigger like this and see that, not every error has an
serverports record (AcctStatusType = 1), some

CREATE TRIGGER RadLogs_Insert ON dbo.RadLogs
FOR INSERT
AS
INSERT into serverports_LOG (ServerID, Port, UserName, AccountID,
AcctStatusType, CallDate, FramedAddress, CallerID, RLCallerID,
AcctSessionID, ConnectInfo, NASPortDNIS, SNMPUser, RSPCheck, LastReset,
IPAddress)
SELECT sp.ServerID, sp.Port, sp.UserName, sp.AccountID, sp.AcctStatusType,
sp.CallDate, sp.FramedAddress, sp.CallerID, i.CallerID, sp.AcctSessionID,
sp.ConnectInfo, sp.NASPortDNIS, sp.SNMPUser, sp.RSPCheck, sp.LastReset,
sp.IPAddress
from serverports sp, inserted i
where sp.username = i.username AND i.RadLogMsgID = 11
AND sp.AcctStatusType <> 2

2. caching mechanism may lately send update serverports queries , or
insert radlogs queries
I set in cache tab, acccounting section (1000 items, 0 sec, 0 items)

Do you have any idea , how can we solve this problem ?

Serkan SUBASI