RE: [NTISP] Help with setting up iis5...

Brian Dooley (support@cserv.net)
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:38:04 -0500

From: "Brian Dooley" <support@cserv.net>
Subject: RE: [NTISP] Help with setting up iis5...
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:38:04 -0500

I have to second that motion. I struggled with MS's FTP for almost a year
before I switched to Serv-U. Much preferred solution.

Yer werds > -----Original Message-----
Yer werds > From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
Yer werds > [mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of
Yer werds > Chris Kissinger
Yer werds > Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 11:41 AM
Yer werds > To: 'ntisp@iea-software.com'
Yer werds > Subject: RE: [NTISP] Help with setting up iis5...
Yer werds >
Yer werds >
Yer werds > It appears your main concern is the FTP... I'd just stick with a
Yer werds > solution like Serv-U, it's much easier to manage than
Yer werds > Microsoft's FTP.
Yer werds >
Yer werds > -----Original Message-----
Yer werds > From: Brent Sheppard [mailto:brent@xanatek.com]
Yer werds > Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 1:19 PM
Yer werds > To: NTISP@emerald.iea.com
Yer werds > Subject: [NTISP] Help with setting up iis5...
Yer werds >
Yer werds >
Yer werds > Hello all,
Yer werds >
Yer werds > It has been about a year since I played with IIS 4 and
Yer werds > I want to setup
Yer werds > IIS with some function I would appreciate your input.
Yer werds >
Yer werds > I have assigned the internal ip number of this box as
Yer werds > 192.168.100.5.. My
Yer werds > firewall will direct all incoming www. requests and ftp
Yer werds > requests to that
Yer werds > box....
Yer werds >
Yer werds > I three websites that I want to setup
Yer werds >
Yer werds > The primary website www.123.com will have several names
Yer werds > that should be
Yer werds > attached to it. (i.e. www..org. net and others)
Yer werds >
Yer werds > I will also have a an ftp site for the www.123.com
Yer werds > domain name but it
Yer werds > will goto another directory.
Yer werds >
Yer werds > The other websites www.abc.com and www.def.com will
Yer werds > need ftp access as
Yer werds > well, but these will goto the same directory that the
Yer werds > pages exist.
Yer werds >
Yer werds > So the question is what is the best way to do this.
Yer werds > What sites should be a "site" and what names should be virtual
Yer werds > directorys" what is the best way to setup the ftp
Yer werds > server as well? I
Yer werds > would appreciate someone giving me the lowdown on the
Yer werds > best and easiest
Yer werds > way to do this!
Yer werds >
Yer werds > Thanks