[NTISP] Help with setting up iis5...

Brent Sheppard (brent@xanatek.com)
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:19:13 -0500

Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:19:13 -0500
From: Brent Sheppard <brent@xanatek.com>
Subject: [NTISP] Help with setting up iis5...

Hello all,

It has been about a year since I played with IIS 4 and I want to setup
IIS with some function I would appreciate your input.

I have assigned the internal ip number of this box as 192.168.100.5.. My
firewall will direct all incoming www. requests and ftp requests to that
box....

I three websites that I want to setup

The primary website www.123.com will have several names that should be
attached to it. (i.e. www..org. net and others)

I will also have a an ftp site for the www.123.com domain name but it
will goto another directory.

The other websites www.abc.com and www.def.com will need ftp access as
well, but these will goto the same directory that the pages exist.

So the question is what is the best way to do this.
What sites should be a "site" and what names should be virtual
directorys" what is the best way to setup the ftp server as well? I
would appreciate someone giving me the lowdown on the best and easiest
way to do this!

Thanks

Brent Sheppard

Brent L. Sheppard                  Email: Brent@Xanatek.com
Xanatek, Inc.                          www: http://www.Xanatek.com
1030 E Jefferson Suite 310         www: http://www.I-M-S.com
South Bend, IN 46617               (219) 287-9938

.